Tuesday 30 December 2014

Top 10 Blog Hop 2014












Hello and welcome to my post in the Top Ten blog hop!

As the year draws to a close I want to share with you my favourite 10 projects that were published in Scrapbooking Memories Magazine, as part of the sponsor projects we were commissioned to do as Masters. I still can't believe it has all come to an end, but the memories will last a lifetime.

Details of the hop are listed at the bottom of my post. There is an awesome prize to be won, so be sure to visit all the girls to maximise your chance of winning!

One of my first projects was this layout, using Flourish with a Bling stickers.
Flourish with a Bling project Volume 16 No. 8

The next two projects were for my first 'Mastering the Art' article. I chose to write about using the Silhouette Cameo machine, giving hints and tips to hopefully dispel some fears that it is a complicated piece of equipment.
Volume 16 No.10


 This fun mini about a summer holiday was created for the same article



A Carina Gardner cut file. Vol 16 No.10

This next layout must be one of my all-time favourites, ever. I'm not sure if it's the colour combo or that gorgeous bubba of mine, but I just love the way it turned out! I've used a WOW stencil three ways: with texture paste, with mist and as a stitching template.

Words or Whatever project. Volume 16 No.10

'Lovely Girl' was created for another article I wrote in the Silhouette series, this time focusing on the welding technique.

Volume 16 No.11

This layout, 'Family: Our story' is another one that I really love. Being an interactive page (which I really enjoy doing) it was difficult to see all the details in the magazine.

Volume 16 No.12
The booklet opens to reveal the story of how my DH and I went from being two dorky teenagers to having a beautiful family.



Living in tropical paradise, I really miss a true season change, but these rich colours were totally inspiring.
Bo Bunny project Volume 17 No. 3

This layout wasn't actually one of my commissioned projects for Masters, but it hasn't been on my blog yet so I thought I would include it now. Lots of Basic Grey goodies. I really like the concentrated amount of elements on the page.
'My Baby Boy' Volume 17 No.3

I so enjoyed working these fun dies and embossing folders from Couture Creations. The WRMK 'Inked Rose' collection I used is absolutely delish too!
Couture Creations project Volume 17 No.5

Now you'll have to excuse this last picture, as it was hastily snapped before I submitted it and now it's out of my hands for a class that I will be teaching locally next month!

Another interactive page, my journalling sits under the 'Joy' flap. The shaker box (top left) can also be opened to reveal the snow flake.



BLOG HOP INFO

Prize: $75 Gift Certificate to Paper Issues!
How to Enter: You can get one entry for commenting on each blog in the hop. 
ie a maximum of 24 entries (no more than one comment per blog will be counted).  Entries will close on January 4th. The winner will be drawn from all the comments on the 5th, so be sure to check back here then.

If you're following the hop, you will be moving on to Christine's blog next!

If you're starting now, this is the full blog roll:

Juliana Michaels
Michele Kovack
Chantalle McDaniel   << you're here!
Christine Meyer
Mendi Yoshikawa
Kelly Holbrook
Laurel Seabrook
Katrina Hunt
Wendy Morris-Saponaro
Becki Adams
Suzanna Lee
Melissa Elsner
Monika Wright
Wendy Antenucci
Jen Matott
Marcia Dehn-Nix
Ashley N Newell
Kathy Skou
Linda Auclair
Kelly Jean
Monique Liedtke
Rhonda Van Ginkel
Jennifer Haggerty
Cathy Harper


Thanks for joining in the fun and good luck!

68 comments:

  1. Love your projects and all the interactive elements on your pages! So pretty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your projects are wonderful but the summer holidays steals my heart with that saying together is our favorite place to be. Family is so important and you have captured family in all you projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow---lovely layouts and minis!! I especially like the first layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pages! They are fresh and beautiful! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful pages! You have a great style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your style is beautiful! I love your interactive pages and attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow lots of amazing projects! I love all your interactive features! So happy to hop along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome projects...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love the Stars in Your Eyes layout, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layouts! I love the hidden journaling on the last one, and that autumn layout with the spray of leaves has such beautiful movement to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swoon.. your style is so gorgeous and inspiring. Interactive pages are a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting use of interactive elements, and I love your first layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. choices, choices how do you decide?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that top one!!! So excited to get to work with you this next year. Blessings on all of your 2015 scrappy endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your layouts and mini albums! I also love those cards you made using the Ink Rose line!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great projects--I love the summer mini-album!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pages. I like all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are really wonderful layouts! As a scrapbooker, I love seeing how others record their memories! I think I've found a new blog to follow and I look forward to being inspired here in the future! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very inspirational...love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  20. amazing projects and amazing prize

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all your beautiful projects. LOVE the idea of the interactive pages!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just found your blog and will be following through Bloglovin. Your work is beautiful and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely LOVE your interactive page about you and your husband from teenagers to parents! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful projects! I think the first one is my favorite. Just something about these flowers... So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your projects!!! My favorite is "lovely girl" but I had a hard time choosing!! They are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the summer mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  27. One of the most beautiful "white" layouts I have seen (your top one). Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful projects,
    love all the elements
    and colors used.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  29. your kids are so cute ty for the chance

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great projects - love the flowers on the Bloom and Grow layout.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness - what a wonderful year you have had!! Love your work - your Autumn Sunshine layout really grabbed me - it is so lovely and so vibrant!! Awesomely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. love all your projects but the summer mini album is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the projects. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful projects!!! Love the last one with the flaps <3

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome projects Chantalle! I love your Autumn layout and I love the idea of an interactive layout.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous projects Chantalle, love all of them. Also loved your Silhouette articles this year so much!! Can't wait to see what you do in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful layouts and projects but my favorite is Autumn Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  38. All of your projects are fabulous! I love the Christmas layout with the flaps!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome projects! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I adore your work Chantalle! So thankful to have stumbled into each other on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  41. stunning and inspiring work...wowsers!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love all the interaction elements on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  43. That mini album is great. Love your creativity and elements you do so well. Looking forward to 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for the inspiration, your pages are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  45. All your projects are so beautiful! My faves--the autumn one and the top page!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love your layouts! They have so much color and joy to them! Keep doing what you o so well into 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful projects! Thank you for sharing your talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love your work! Your interactive family page looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful layouts. Loved the Mini Books and the last interactive spread.

    ReplyDelete
  50. The layouts were great. I especially loved the first with the feathery flowers and the one with the little puppies.
    thanks for sharing.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  51. WOW, all of your work is STUNNING! I love all the extra details you add to your projects. I love the layouts that are interactive! <3

    ReplyDelete
  52. What awesome projects! Your layouts are really unique and i love your mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love all of these!! Following your blog as of this minute 😊

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love the first one with the Blooming flowers. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  55. Adorable- I especially like the interactive Christmas countdown page.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love seeing these top 10 posts! It really shows what your style is and I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Amazing projects Chantalle--I think my favorite is the "Stars in your Eyes" ones featuring those adorable pups!! Happy 2015!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. all great projects, I love the mini album, tons of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  59. These are fabulous fabulous projects!!! I love your layous so much :) Thank you for sharing them with us. Wish you a wonderful 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Fun layouts, great top ten.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I really like the interactive Joy layout. Very nice! Thanks for the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I think I'm too late for the hop but just wanted to say that your creations are SO cute! God bless you and yours in 2015 and always! ILuvTheEucharist @ aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love your pages, especially the interactive parts :-). Looking forward to your class this month Chantalle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry! Looking forward to tomorrow :) See you then!

      Delete

Well hello there!