Sunday 5 October 2014

I'm going to Instagram this so hard

Hoping this post finds you enjoying your weekend. It's footy grand final fever in my street today, with bbq smells, music pumping and sporadic yells!

I played along with this week's Society52 challenge. Themes are announced on a Monday, with a 'twist' introduced on a Thursday. Find them on Instagram @society52.

This week the challenge was to create a background using tags with the twist being to add stars. I was reluctant to add mine as it's not exactly completely tags, but I'll just share what I've created with you anyway...  

This is the 'before' pic. I've used paper and vellum tags and cut my photo into a tag shape.
This is the layout with stars added. I've popped some Studio Calico vellum stickers and 
wood veneer stars along with a larger star from the new Heidi Swapp September Skies wood veneer.
Some close ups

The heading (which is a touch tricky to see) is a digital file from a Paislee Press/One Little Word collab called sm(art) mouth no2. I converted it to a cut file for my Silhouette and stitched it down with my sewing machine.

Details of a beautiful morning spent at Flat Rock campsite in Ballina, have been printed onto vellum and trimmed to a tag shape as well.

 There will be a new challenge up this week - why not have a go!

See you soon


 

3 comments:

  1. I love that you've used your photo as the tag and what a gorgeous photo it is. Another beautiful creation. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really amazing layout! Love the view with the different tags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, loving all the tags.

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!