Monday 18 November 2013

Today... Kraft it Up November

Hello hello!

Hopefully this post finds you very well and planning your next moves in the countdown to all things Hum-bugian! I will have a few exciting sneaks coming soon for a little project I have been working on, but tonight, I'd quickly like to share this layout I've done for Kraft it Up November challenge.

This month your challenge is to create a layout using Kraft Cardstock or Kraft Patterned Paper showcasing one of these trending products...

* Flair's
* Wood Veneer's
* Enamel Dot's

ALL things I LOVE to work with, but this time I have gone with wood veneer. I was feeling rather melancholy when I created this one. It was the 18th anniversary of my Mum's passing from breast cancer on the 23rd of October. Time might heal wounds, but those of you who have lost loved ones will know, it doesn't make it any easier.
































This is a photo of my beautiful Mother sometime in her late teens or early twenties. It captures elements of her personality that I can only fully understand now, as an adult. Every event, every milestone, the funny things my kids say, I wish I could share them with her.

















































I have had this sunflower Bo Bunny paper sitting, waiting, to be used on a layout about her. They were her favourite flowers. For extra dimension, I have used a Silhouette cut on some wood grain paper along with the fussy cut flowers.










































As always, there are lots of prizes up for grabs. You have until 11.59pm November 30 to link your entries. Please remember that your entry can only be used for Kraft it Up challenge. Every month so many gorgeous entries cannot be counted as they are used in multiple challenges.

Also, why not have a go at trying out for the Design Team call happening right now! I have so loved my time on the KIU and 123 teams. It will certainly be a sad goodbye at the end of Jan!

Thank you so much for stopping by

x

7 comments:

  1. It breaks my heart reading your post.... My heart goes with you Chantalle... I can totally relate the feelings!...

    This layout is indeed special!.... Love the photo of your late mom! I love the neat clean style... as the focus is on your journal... perfect!...Its extraordinary and its beautiful!...

    I wish I could apply for all the DT that have been happening all around...but unfortunately I can't commit myself due to the fact that I soon will be busy nursing a newborn!!!..

    Have a great day!.... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful and special page xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful photo of your Mum. A truly special page. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous page Chantalle and it's easy to see that it was made with so much love! The photo of your Mom is so stunning...she was a very pretty girl..and I can see your face in hers! I love the addition of the sunflowers...they are my favourite flowers too! ;-) Blessings to you and I hope you will be comforted through your scrapping of this beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special layout. Beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Chantalle what a beautiful page. Thank you for sharing a bit about your mum, she was a stunning lady. Huge hugs to you xo

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!