Wednesday 17 July 2013

'Dream' - Kraft it Up! July

Hello lovelies... I know I've been in my cave of late, bear (hehe) with me for a few more days... I'll be surfacing again shortly!

Just wanted to share a layout with you for this month's challenge at Kraft it Up! For July, we are challenging you to try a different 'style'. I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but needed a bit of help from the masters of mixed media... enter a personal fave of mine, Kelly Foster :)



I'm not going to lie - this one took me a while. But I couldn't be more pleased with it and in real life, it has the most beautiful shimmer to it. I'm going to frame it up for Erin's room.

To begin, I started with the reverse side of a sheet of embossed Core'dinations card stock. I liked how the numbers added to the background textures. I gave the whole thing a rough coat of Gesso and we were off...

Next came some texture paste and a fab 'Mini Cubist' Crafters Workshop template. What followed was a bit of a whirlwind of Color Shine, Gelatos, Glimmer Glam and glitter!
These Petaloo and Kaisercraft paper blooms had a makeover and got their bling on...
I've used a gorgeous 2Crafty 'Gigi's' chipboard flower in this cluster. There are some awesome new designs that have just been added to the shop!

*IMAGE BACK SOON*

This is the link to Kelly's tutorial on You Tube. It is guaranteed to get those creative juices flowing!

Hope you have the time to play along with us this month at KIU!

Thanks so much for stopping by

7 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous mosaic background!! Love this LO..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havent been here in a while! Sorry! Hope you are all better too.. HAvent even had time to reply to your email :( This is gorgeous. I do like this style and the background is great! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a truly gorgeous lay-out! Your layering, your work on the background, the soft colours...I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the background work! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooo that background is seriously divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done, certainly worth framing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a superb job with this page...it is really fabulous! Love everything about it and is just perfect! A favourite for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there!